Saturday 27 February 2016

Sunday March 6th: First Sunday walk out on enchantment! Bath to Saltford

First Sunday walk out on enchantment! Bath to Saltford.



Richard White
Reply|
To:
Richard White <r.white2@bathspa.ac.uk>;
...
Sat 27/02/2016 14:24
Hi folks,
On Sunday 6 March I am writing to invite you to the next  walk in my year of walking out on enchantment!
This is the walk that was kind of muddied out at the start of the year and begins perhaps the development of a longer walking project reflecting on the legacy of slavery.
Short version is that its a walk out from Bath to Saltford.
10.00 Leave from outside 44AD Gallery in Bath, Abbey Street. http://www.44ad.net/
Walk mainly along the river on the old two path to Saltford.
Return about 16.00.
At Saltford you could get a bus back into to town or leave  a car ....  I'll leave you to sort that out.
I will be looping back and walking in to town on the old railway line.
In total its about 10 miles but the return 4miles along the railway is very easy...
Here is a link to the route I worked out for the project that kicked this off a couple of years back finishing at Cleveland Pools...but thats another story. This one starts and finishes at 44AD.
http://my.viewranger.com/route/details/MjcyMjY=
Back in Bath around 4 depending on how long we stop at the pub in Saltford!
I do hope you can join me, bring cameras and notepads and iphones etc Our destination is Saltford Brass Millhttp://www.brassmill.com/saltford_brass_mill_005.htm where goods were made to sell in exchange for human beings....
...so this walk begins another stage in exploring the local connections to the first leg of the Allantic Slave Trade and I hope you will help me uncover and explore the stories along this route, consider the legacy and generate resonances.
Please share this and invite others to join us. On foot and online. I'll be tweeting on the account below, then sharing  and writing up eventually on my blog.
You might be interested to check out this very quick snapshot account of the February walk in Germany I did this with Lorna Brunstein as part of our project, Honouring Esther:https://forcedwalks.wordpress.com/2016/02/06/winsen-to-belsen-walk/

See you next Sunday? 
Best wishes
Richard



-- 
Richard White
mob: 07717012790


No comments:

Post a Comment